Support Us
We pay for this site out of pocket and use our free time to keep it fresh and current. If you can help out, every penny counts. I promise you we are in no danger of becoming rich!
email:
password:

Not a Member?
Click Here To Register
and start your gun checklist today!
firefox_logo
EasyBakeGunClub.com uses CSS3 and is optimized for viewing in Firefox versions 3+

Posts: General Discussion / Taking the Balloon War to the Ocean - August 2012 Edition!

Jason Post Author Photo: Jason
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

Taking the Balloon War to the Ocean - August 2012 Edition!
08/09/12 07:27 PM

This will hopefully be an ongoing series as we had a metric shit ton of fun with it. As you know by now the balloons have declared war on the cupcake. This cannot stand. We will take the fight to them.

About a week or so we had the idea that it would be a blast to take the guns out on the boat and make a much more enjoyable range day out of it. We checked on the legal status of shooting from a boat and while we saw nothing in the Florida statutes and heard no negative reaction from conversations with law enforcement agencies, we decided to go out into international waters -  just in case.

The ground rules we laid out once we got to open water: - minimum distance of 5 miles from any other vessels (the boat has killer radar) - eye protection required (sunglasses and a Power Rangers mask do count) - ear protection optional (learned our lesson there) - furry tail on the AK required

Our original plan was to use our homemade Somali Pirate Ship seen below to tie balloons to it and go at it. The pirate ship came off the string in about 10 seconds flat so we were left with just the balloons.

I got first crack at the enemy (balloons). The first shot was so loud it hurt (note to self: bring ear protection next time):

Since I took out all the targets I was going to blow up more balloons but Jayson was ready to go as you can see here:

Never one to be delayed, Jayson took our first boat coming near break of the day to blow up more balloons and open fire again...

He never did get that last one so we turned the boat around and brought that pink traitor down the port side and went to the 9:

It was time to sweep and clear the last of the enemy from the waters around the boat (even if they were all of 4 feet away), so Jayson went after them:

Overall, it was a hell of a day and something I can't wait to do again. I thought there were some nice training repetitions from dealing with an unstable base (the boat) and targets moving on the waves. Next time we need more balloons and more guns. 

Remember, the balloons brought the war to the cupcake... we're bringing it back to them.

Post ID: 119

Jayson Post Author Photo: Jayson
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/09/12 09:02 PM

Just want to throw out a big thanks to our skipper for making this happen.

The ballon army has awoken the sleeping cupcake.
Post ID: 120

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/09/12 09:21 PM

Definitely a big thanks to the skipper. 

Maybe next time you'll use the 9 on something more than 4 feet away.

Post ID: 121

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/10/12 02:14 AM

Jayson: The ballon army has awoken the sleeping cupcake.

lol

Post ID: 122

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/10/12 08:53 AM

We're going to need a bigger gun...

Post ID: 123

Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/10/12 09:47 AM

It appears the balloons have an advanced research team working on new designs:

Post ID: 124

Michael Post Author Photo: Michael
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/10/12 11:16 AM

They still pissed about this?

Post ID: 125

Jayson Post Author Photo: Jayson
Private Message
Gun List
Topic List

08/10/12 12:10 PM

Looks impressive, but without a good supply of static electricity to reload they are useless.

Post ID: 126